News Ticker
  • Welcome To The Chlorine King Pool Forum
  • Sit Back, Relax and Get Your Learn On!
theotherguyspoolsvc

1 Package Vs Different Packages

Hi, i wanted to see what is everyones opinion on having 1 Package or having multiple packages. Like for instance. Having a chemical only package or having a package that includes vacuum twice a month.. That's just an example.. But i would love to see everyone's take on this

Good question Edgar. My opinion is to keep things simple. I narrowed down my packages because it got too complicated. I couldn't remember which pool got what service, etc. Eventually you'll remember but in the mean time you'll get calls that you didn't vacuum my pool, brush my pool, etc because you had forgotten that particular pool was a full service.

I've also found that lower level services aren't usually kept up by the clients. For instance, chemical only services. They often times do not actually clean the pool or filter so the pool will eventually turn. Then, you have the finger pointed at you. I offer a basic and premium. The difference is we don't vacuum with the basic. Everything else is the same. I hope this helps.

Thank You, so what i took off the chemical only package because you are correct. Customer might say they will net, brush and vac but at the end they wont.. Also as to the services ive done to the pool on that particular week, ive created a file where i mark down the chems for that week , also services i provided for that week, which will help me keep everything organized. I can upload the document for anyone who needs to use this as well.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:05 PM, theotherguyspoolsvc said:

Thank You, so what i took off the chemical only package because you are correct. Customer might say they will net, brush and vac but at the end they wont.. Also as to the services ive done to the pool on that particular week, ive created a file where i mark down the chems for that week , also services i provided for that week, which will help me keep everything organized. I can upload the document for anyone who needs to use this as well.

Great idea. In this industry you need to CYA (cover your butt) so no fingers can be pointed at you. I've had the documents you speak of save my butt on more than one occasion! 

On 3/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, theotherguyspoolsvc said:

I was trying to find where to post this but could not find where.. what pole do you recommend to start.. something not that expensive but reliable.

I really like the power pole because it's not a cam system. It's a click system. The rubber in the cam will eventually get swollen and the pole will be hard to extend. 

https://pool360.poolcorp.com/p-451088-power-pole-w-lever-lock.aspx

It's not the cheapest thing but will last for a very long time. I'll be doing a review on it soon! 

Thank You, I watch all your videos.. They are very helpful.. Im sorry for so many questions lol.. Ive worked for 2 pool companies and 1 puts the stabalizer in the skimmer and the other puts it directly in the pool.. I really dont like putting it in the pool because it takes long to dissolve and just looks ugly. What do you do when you add stab. Also here is a link to my website www.theotherguyspoolservice.com  any tips i can get will be greatly appreciated

15 hours ago, theotherguyspoolsvc said:

Thank You, I watch all your videos.. They are very helpful.. Im sorry for so many questions lol.. Ive worked for 2 pool companies and 1 puts the stabalizer in the skimmer and the other puts it directly in the pool.. I really dont like putting it in the pool because it takes long to dissolve and just looks ugly. What do you do when you add stab. Also here is a link to my website www.theotherguyspoolservice.com  any tips i can get will be greatly appreciated

I'm glad the videos are helping you out! I usually put in the skimmer and make sure it's the last chemical I add, since it doesn't pass through the filter like bicarb does. You can also take a panty hose and tie it to the skimmer lid to have it slowly dissolve in the skimmer box. I'll check out your website shortly. Have a great day.

Your home page is killer. It's a beautiful site. I would recommend putting more verbiage on the home page, about us (include a picture of you and some history about yourself) and also the contact us page. Google doesn't rank based off pictures, etc. They do so off of verbiage. So relate the content to your page and google should give you a boost. 

16 hours ago, theotherguyspoolsvc said:

Thank you, i appreciate the feedback

You're very welcome. That's what I'm here for 🙂

Really like the website.. Chat option is nice, but can you make the box disappear after a few seconds or have a close button on it? I found myslef trying to navigate around it and it being harder.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:45 PM, AdamA said:

Really like the website.. Chat option is nice, but can you make the box disappear after a few seconds or have a close button on it? I found myslef trying to navigate around it and it being harder.

Great point Adam. If we make things easier for possible clients the retainment of their interest will be peaked! 

On 5/13/2019 at 6:26 PM, theotherguyspoolsvc said:

What company is a good company for General Liability Insurance

SPPA (Swimming Pool Pro Alliance) - Let them know you're part of the Chlorine King Group!