News Ticker
  • Welcome To The Chlorine King Pool Forum
  • Sit Back, Relax and Get Your Learn On!
ShakeAndBake

Game Changers

I want to hear about some things in other pool business that would be considered game changers or maybe little hacks that make our lives easier as pool professionals. Something you recently have changed in your business and said to yourself "Why didn't I do that earlier?". For me personally, I purchased a Riptide vacuum and vinyl wrapped my truck recently. The Riptide knocks off a significant amount of time at each stop and the truck wrap is literally a rolling billboard that is seen by thousands on a normal day of pool truck driving. Let's hear your "wish I'd have done that sooner" moments!     

DE7F1567-8B20-46CC-B78A-9ED64C050B72.jpeg

I agree with both of those. The riptide basically carries everything I need for one trip (huge time saver along with huge muscle saver) along with less time spent cleaning each pool. You're right about the truck wrap. I did mine as well and have gotten business from it. A pic of my truck is below.

I think to add on to your post, I think a reporting system is huge. It's a great CYA tool for your company and the clients appreciate it. 

AFB6EB47-63D3-4272-9929-BB364EA52CB6.thumb.jpeg.39b35c381a0b0bd5667d42a1f14e79a3.jpeg

For me it has to be the Taylor test kits. I spent a good 10 years using OTO tests and my pools always managed to get algae. Now with the 2006C, I am able to do proper titration tests that give me the exact chlorine level. You would also be very surprised how many pool services there are that have no concept of the FC and CYA relationship. I get guys that tell me, they keep their CYA at 100 but still keep their chlorine at the county standard, which is 1-3 PPM. So they are constantly buying algae kill which adds copper to the pool, over and over again, which leads to staining. I can't tell you how many times I have said, if your CYA is 100 you need a FC level of 10ppm or higher. I get a lot of weird looks.

I plan on getting a riptide soon, so I'll definitely be finding out for my self just how much of a game changer it is. Also. As a pool tech, I would often get frustrated with exchanging my brush and net all the time due to having to re-adjust my pole. So I bought a pole adapter that eliminated having to adjust the pole every time. A small recommendation but a big one for me. You could also use one to mount the riptide pole coupler to it as well, so you can detach it when ever you want. You can find them on ebay for pretty cheap.

It's so funny how they don't realize the relationship between to two. I had some interesting responses on the YT video I did about CYA. That's a nice recommendation with the adapter. With the Riptide, I bought an extra net/brush adapter so I could put one both on my net and brush. It makes changing them so easy. I think you'll like the Riptide. 

Two big game changers for me were the Pool Rx & a PowerVac.  15 years in the biz & 2018 was first year for PowerVac & about 3-4 years ago started using the Pool Rx.  ?

On 1/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, Bill said:

Two big game changers for me were the Pool Rx & a PowerVac.  15 years in the biz & 2018 was first year for PowerVac & about 3-4 years ago started using the Pool Rx.  ?

Hey Bill, somehow I missed this. Yes, portable vacuum systems have been a huge changer. I still don't get how someone doesn't use them today! Pool Rx is a great product too for those problem pools! 

Right now I am searching for the best pool software to use on a daily basis for myself and techs. Anyone have experience with any of the products out there and can share the good and bad? I really want to upgrade the process to allow for more real time updates with customers (finished pool pic after service), along with the option to pay directly through a text message. 

7 hours ago, Suncaster said:

Right now I am searching for the best pool software to use on a daily basis for myself and techs. Anyone have experience with any of the products out there and can share the good and bad? I really want to upgrade the process to allow for more real time updates with customers (finished pool pic after service), along with the option to pay directly through a text message. 

Hey bud. Thanks for the post. Contact my friend Nilson with Routely and let them know I sent you. If you join my Patreon I can help you save 10% off as well. His software does everything. Complete service reporting and also invoicing. If you're interested I can pass along his cell number. 

8 hours ago, Suncaster said:

Awesome. I would love to get his number and talk to him about his software. Thanks!

Hey bud, send me an email to erik@chlorinekingpools.com and I'll put you in contact with him.